User problems - Latest Firefox Browser on Android

(Bcguy) #1

A user has reported that that when they use the latest Firefox browser on their android phone - that “I can’t see the topic while i type it on my phone”

This sounds like a bug - but perhaps someone can confirm that they see it also?

(Pyro) #2

I can confirm this using Firefox 26.0.1 and Chrome 32.0.1700.99 on Android 4.3. It’s apparently not related to the browser used.

View 1:

After touching the part that says “Type your title here […]”, I get the following display.

View 2:

(Screenshots made in Chrome, though it looks the same in Firefox)

Actually, what I can do is enter the title normally and then press my device’s back button (or hiding/closing the keyboard) to go back to view 1 where it shows the title I’ve entered. Not a big deal for me.

When I tried to scroll up to view the title in view 2, the menu bar that stays when you scroll down is getting pulled down, but flips right back when you release it. So I think that’s the cause.

It won’t work with the default keyboard either.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Yep, this is a known issue with mobile layout and Create Topic. We should probably make the body area shorter in the editor for the “create topic” case so there’s room to enter the title and category.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

This should be fixed now. We make the entry area much smaller for create topic on mobile.

(Jeff Atwood) #5