As far as showing progress, there have been very few complaints or inquiries about how to reach TL2 that I'm aware of. So I don't think its too important to display the score board explicitly, but perhaps there could be some additional badges for some of the other TL3 requirements.
I think this is still the main issue here:
No one has ever complained about dropping from TL2 to TL1 or from TL1 to TL0, because its not possible, but
Trust level 3 is the only one that has conditionals like these, which is were this volatility stems from:
In addition to the 2-week check implemented, another possible improvement would be to have 'high-water' and 'low-water' marks for these kinds of requirements.
For instance, these could be changed to:
To gain TL3 status you:
- must have visited at least 60% of days
- of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 30%
- of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 30%
To lose TL3 status you:
- must have visited less than 40% of days
- of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed less than 20%
- of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read les than 20%