User's signature in post

Hi All

Our forum has advertisers and they would like to add their website and contact info at the footer of every one of their posts in the forum like a signature.

Can someone tell me how can forum users create a post signature so that the same signature will appear in every single one of their posts?

I can’t seem to be able to find that option in Admin.

Thanks

(Mittineague) #2

You won’t. There is no such thing there to find.

Take a careful read of this.

THANK YOU will check out the plugin, hope it is supported.

That’s too bad signature is not a standard feature, this is a much needed feature , hope the developer will reconsider.

Users who don’t need it can ignore it, I don’t see what huge benefits can be derived by excluding this feature from Discourse. Signature is such a standard feature that is an integral part of almost all forums out there, people who migrate from other forums to Discourse will be disappointed that this is not available.

@codinghorror please reconsider adding signature in the future. Thanks

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #4

The plugin inverts this logic, as in, those who need it can opt-in into the signature experience.

The plugin is working, hope it helps you.

@Falco

THANKS Rafael !!

(Mittineague) #6

IMHO not having signatures is like a breath of fresh air that greatly improves both experience and efficiency.
On other forums they are very often abused to the point that they interfere with a main purpose of a forum - reading.

Perhaps what has been missed are User Cards and member Profile pages?
These can contain what would be in a typical signature and a whole lot more.

And most importantly, they do not get in the way, yet are still easily viewable when so desired.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

Nope. We will never include this feature as long as I am alive and breathing air.

You can use the plugin if you like, of course.

(James Mc Mahon) #8

Signatures rarely, if ever, add to a conversation. Like disruptive ads, I’m glad they are going away. Sure people are used to them, that doesn’t mean they add to the level of conversation. Why add another item to moderate that doesn’t add to user experience or conversation levels?

Signal > Noise

(Muíran Shíoraí) #9

The card and profile page has legs in my opinion. I’ll look to see if the topic has been investigated before.

Unfotunately the user’s signature plugin will add another $20 a month to my Discourse hosting fee.

Every community has different requirements. Would be nice if user’s signature option is built-in and can be enabled or disabled by forum administrator.