Every while I see gray new users among user list:
it happens this way:
- user signs up,
- he gets a confirmation email,
- he clicks on the email and go to the site,
- a message tell him: “welcome to the site, for activating your account click here!”
- after the click, he gets this message: “Sorry, this account confirmation link is no longer valid. Perhaps your account is already active?”
after this happens, he can’t proceed:
- if he tries to login, the page tells him he should activate his account,
- if he clicks the activation link, it tells him he has already been activated,
- if he tries to sign up, the page tells him his email is a duplicate!
they have the choice of re-sending the activation email, which is good only for the persistent users.
what should I do to help the rest?
is there anyway after they click the activation link in the email, their account gets activated directly without the need to click another link?