Using discourse as a community ticket system

If you please allow me to engage in debate

Because in our company we use Discourse for many kind of things. There I have already users which communicate for other needs.It is hard to push and learn my users to use different systems for separate business process. When they are at discource they already have group bio contact info and other stuff which help to registered user and see their need. Support (ticketing) is in my case side part of business and by using discource I am trying to ingratiate it in one bigger system where my users is resident

I hope so that these things will be covered once when Tagger plugin be in production version.
These two would be easily covered by adding tags to topics. Every person woud have own tag.
When proxy users get read ticket it simply edit tags on topic to mark topics for persons and prority.

Tracking time I just hope so that discource will soon have plugin that will track time per posts. There is an idea to discource be used as BUG tracker and other things. So sooner or later someone will make plugin that will track time.
I did asked for time tracking already.
https://meta.discourse.org/t/how-to-measure-efficiency-of-workers-in-conjunction-with-discourse-posts/20571

Once again why I thing that Discource cloud be ticketing system:
Becouse We use it allready for:
Communicating to each other
Wiki posts (knowledge base)
Mail Lists
Work Sharing
Announcements
Social integrating
Calendar integrating
and many others

1 Like