V2.1.0.beta1 +15

(Carl Moebis) #1

Following the standard install instruction from discourse/INSTALL-cloud.md at master · discourse/discourse · GitHub I’m wondering why I’m running 2.1.0 beta1 instead of 2.0.0 beta10 (which has release notes). Are we always just running the latest beta?

(Nichalas Petranek) #2

as mentioned before in this topic the initial release notes for 2.1.0beta1 are in the #releases category under it’s respective topic.

(Mariano Rodriguez) #3

Unless you specify other thing in the .yml yes, you’ll be running the lastest kinda stable beta.

(Carl Moebis) #4

ok so this is normal, I mean we’re supposed to be running the latest “stable” beta?

(Mariano Rodriguez) #5

By default yes, you’re running always the most updated version. But that’s up to you, you’re running the test-passed branch, which indeed beta, it passes all the test the developers have made to ensure stability.

If you don’t want the lastest version (always in beta) you can change to stable branch, that’s now in 2.0.0 + somethin.

It’s a matter of each person in which version to run the forum.

(Carl Moebis) #6

Ok so I’m assuming I should probably wait until 2.1.0 is in stable before I change that setting in the app.yml, otherwise it will revert to 2.0.0 which might cause issues?

(Mariano Rodriguez) #7

Shouldn’t cause issues, but would be the wise thing to do

(Jay Pfaffman) #8

Yeah, but that’s going to be in a pretty long time (typically 4-6 months, though you can check the releases to see if there’s a planned release date). If you just started, and want to be on stable, you might just delete it all and start again.

Most self-hosters run on tests-passed, which notifies you when a new beta is released, but always updates to the latest tests-passed version.