Video uploading issues from iPhone?

(Charles Walter) #1

Has anyone played around with video uploading? I allowed the file extensions, but after trying to upload a video of about 1 min (I didn’t check the file size), it appears to get stuck at 15%.

I’m on an iPhone, and it appeared that iPhone did compress the video a bit before starting the upload.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #2

How big is the video? I am pretty sure Discourse limits uploads to 10 MB, and I believe that is a server side setting. (you are hosted, right?)

(Charles Walter) #3

Thanks @jomaxro, I’m thinking I might just need a restart to get the file size changes working. My previous max size was just 3MB, which was probably too small to begin with.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #4

We had the 3 MB size limit issue a few months ago over at Stonehearth. @codinghorror was able to fix it for us at that time.

(Jeff Atwood) #5

Remember, we’re not a video hosting service. Videos can easily be hundreds of megabytes in size.

As always, we recommend people upload to YouTube or similar, then post a link which will onebox as a playable video.

(Charles Walter) #6

Fair point. We will leave settings the way they were. As video becomes even more prevalent, we may need to come up with a way to make this more seamless for users.