Viewing posts you've muted/changed the notification state on

(Willie Roberts) #1

I might be missing something, but is there any way at the moment to view a list of posts you’ve muted, or have changed the tracking state of from the default regular?

Earlier I muted some posts, not realising that I actually wanted them set to regular rather than muting them all-together.

I am thinking along the lines of a tracking tab in the activity listing that can give quick access to changing or reverting a decision later. Not sure if it is feature request yet until some more feedback is given.

(Doug Moore) #2

Muting, as I understand it, does not remove posts from your “Popular” list. Another method is to reach it via the “Categories” listing if you know what category it was in.

There is of course search as well, although I wouldn’t say it works the best right now.

(Willie Roberts) #3

The problem I have is I did this during the day at work, and only realised my mistake this evening. I cannot remember the topics, and although they are not removed from the Popular list, I have no easy way to find them again. However, the use case for this is slim, although some forum software does allow you to list posts you may have hidden/muted to allow you to easily reverse the decision.

Also muting prevent notification from that post if someone mentioned you in it and is basically a complete ignore.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

No, there is not, but I agree we need this.

We also need some way to select and act on lists of posts, e.g. “make these 5 topics regular instead of watched!”

(Doug Moore) #5

Yeah, I think a list of muted/etc topics should definitely be added. I was just hoping to help you in the short-term. :smile:

(Willie Roberts) #6

Definitely appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

(Christoph) #7

+1 to this, the OPs situation just happened to me, too.

(Jeff Atwood) #8

This is now possible with a querystring,

eg: Discourse Meta