Vimeo embed doesn't look good

(Camille Roux) #1

Here is how a Vimeo looks like when it’s embed:

Here is the link to the post if you want to see it: Vidéos indispensables pour un entrepreneur - Entrepreneuriat - Pragmatic Entrepreneurs Forum

(Clever Moniker) #2

I get the same issue as well.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Can you define what you mean when you say “doesn’t look good”? Looks OK to me?

(Clever Moniker) #4

For me, I suppose the video should embed the same as a youtube video. This embed somehow has black letterbox around the video?

Also, because of this, on a test post recently where I had several Vimeo videos, it ended up being a super long post due to the sheer height of each video.

(nXqd) #5

it seems like he wants a normal wide embed post instead of being square like vimeo :smiley:

(Justin Gordon) #6

I’m getting a square box: Amazing Naish Kite Video of Kevin Langeree and Red Bull King of the Air - kitesurfing - talksurf.

It shows the same here.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

Anything we can do here @eviltrout?

(Grigori Vdmo) #8

Just came here looking for solution to the same issue…

(Robin Ward) #9

This was more complex than it looks. Basically you cant’ resize an iframe and keep the ratio using just CSS. I found a lot of solutions that either hard coded the aspect ratio or used Javascript for post processing. In the end, I decided it was best to add a parameter to the onebox engine to enforce a max width and let it resize with the correct aspect ratio. Seems to work, so I pushed out a new version and updated discourse for it.

Should be deployed soon.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/7bb33c28c22b986d1614caad1a7b87fa1ce5fdad

(Jeff Atwood) #10