Want to show ad in the right side of 2nd post in topic pages

Hi! I want to show an AdSense ad in the right side of 2nd post in topic pages.

How can I do that? I already tried GitHub - discourse/discourse-adplugin: Official Discourse Advertising Plugin. Install & Start Serving Ads on Your Discourse Forum

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

[PAID] Adsense Plugin modification
(Mittineague) #2

Maybe you missed seeing ad_platform_nth_post_code ?

The setting should allow you to enter the ad as a post into the post stream of topics where you want it.

If you mean entering an ad into a member’s post, I suggest you think about this. I for one would not be overly pleased if an ad were to be displayed as though it were part of my post.

Hi Mitt, thanks for your reply. I tried that option. But it repeats ads for me. Say I input 2 in that input field. It’ll show ads in 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th and so on… posts

That option shows ads under posts. I need it in the right side of the post content.

(Mittineague) #4

I wasn’t aware that it repeated every n posts. Having too many could lead to desensitization and negate them (or convert yet another to the adblocker camp).

Yet I don’t care for the ad inside a member’s post approach either. Beside it might work I guess if it had clear boundaries and floated right for longer posts.

I don’t recall where I’ve seen it here, but if I’m not mistaken there is / was a plugin that put content into the right gutter. If it was before the timeline feature changes were made it probably is in the #plugin:broken-plugin category.