Warn Reviving Old Topic setting?

(Josh Olin) #1

Quick question…

This setting is described as:

When someone starts replying to a topic older than this many days, a warning will be displayed to discourage the user from reviving an old discussion. Disable by setting to 0.

I’m thinking running threads of great age, like a “Introduce yourself!” pinned topic or a game of some sort. Will users get warnings for replying to a topic that has a creation date greater than (n) days? Or will they only get the warning when replying in a topic that hasn’t been posted in for (n) days?

Two very different things. I’d much prefer a setting for the latter than the former.

Thanks!

-JD

Notification when a moderator or admin deletes your message
(Jeff Atwood) #2

It is about the last reply. The copy should be clearer.

(Josh Olin) #3

Bingo! Thanks Jeff.

… 20 characters blah blah :stuck_out_tongue:

(Jeff Atwood) #4

OK I changed it to

warn_reviving_old_topic_age: "When someone starts replying to a topic where the last reply is older than this many days, a warning will be displayed. Disable by setting to 0."

(Kane York) #5

You can test out that notice on http://discourse.codinghorror.com :wink:

(Caue Rego) #6

I don’t see why would such a setting ever be about the creation date…

Anyway, just promoting a topic which I originally created here because searching for “revive” leads here first, and I saw not many related links on other search results. :stuck_out_tongue:

(edited) link to originated post --> Missing feature about warning on reviving an old topic