Web shell discourse

(Pirat) #1

friends, can make web shell file editor discourse?

(Régis Hanol) #2

What’s a web shell?

(Pirat) #3

yes to easily manage files

(Régis Hanol) #4

I don’t understand. What exactly do you want and how is it related to www.discogs.com?

(Pirat) #5

I fixed a bug
Web shell discourse

(Régis Hanol) #6

Ok, I still don’t understand what is it you want to do? What are you finding hard to do?

(Pirat) #7

I propose to make a file editor in admin
as here

(Régis Hanol) #8

Which files do you want to edit? If it’s CSS/HTML, there’s already the Customize > CSS/HTML section.

(Pirat) #9

I mean the full functionality both web shell
for example to upload a file to the server through the admin panel or replace the piece of code site

(Marcin Rataj) #10

I think such functionality could be provided via 3rd party plugin.
But remember that Discourse is running inside of an isolated docker container, so the scope of changes you could make via ‘web shell’ would be limited.

Do you have any specific use cases for having such editor?

(Khoa Nguyen) #11

I don’t understand the word web shell here. But standard Discourse is via Docker and an update should clean everything you changed. You want some change in core file? Fine. Made a plugin to change it. You want to change many files? Fork Discourse repo and set your repo link in discourse_docker. You can easily push everything from github

(Mittineague) #12

I’m not so sure having an ACP file editor UI is such a good idea.
If the Admin is proficient, maybe. But even then IMHO doing edits on a live site is risky business.

For example, the above WordPress file editor. I have seen quite a few “Help, my site is broken and now I can’t log in” type of posts because it was used incorrectly.

(Pirat) #13

for me it is convenient
if hands are gnarled site is not only fly :grinning:

(Khoa Nguyen) #14

no it’s not. If you change something in template. You have to precomplie assets.

Sounds like you want something similar to Cpanel? To edit Discourse code of your installation? If so, I suggest Ajenti which is an open source ‘Cpanel’.

(Pirat) #16

try, maybe what need