I started a web update on our live site about an hour ago. It reached just less than 50% without any error messages, then as it changed from Compressing: locales to the first Compressing: application it just stopped.
My normal procedure is to run the updates on my sandbox, and see if they do anything odd, or generate error messages, then on the live site I wait until the daily backup has run, check that there is enough disk space, then initiate the web update while there aren’t many users online.
The web site is up, mails are going out, performance seems fine (So I don’t think we’re swapping, otherwise I’d see timeouts, right?).
What should I do, reset the web update and wait until someone with SSH access can do an app rebuild, or just leave it zombied until they can have a look at free?
EDIT: Going from v1.8.0.beta7 +77 (6ebddc4) to 9f299b6