Weirdness in dates when setting timeout for an invite link

We have Monday an option explicitly for that:

If Next Week meant “at the start of next week” we wouldn’t need the Monday option.

This is really confusing because we have discussed this previously and we have a work in progress PR to bring the invite/other future date inputs into line with what bookmarks and topic timers do: FEATURE: make future-date-input consistent with other components and customizable by AndrewPrigorshnev · Pull Request #12985 · discourse/discourse · GitHub

So do we want to universally say that all of these options for the “week” and “month” level should mean “At the start of next week”, “at the beginning of the week two weeks from now”, and “at the beginning of next month”? From what I can tell the months already follow that behaviour, it’s just the weeks that don’t. We would need to remove the Monday option from bookmarks too in that case because it will be irrelevant.

The wording of “Two months” says to me “now + two months” not “at the start of the month two months from now”, so we need to tweak that too I think. @andrei has been working on that WIP PR so maybe he can take this?

3 Likes