We're missing the ability to pin topics

(Brad Huber) #1

I feel like I’m going crazy, but we can no longer pin topics. I think there used to be an admin wrench that appeared in the top corner of the page, but no longer does? There’s also an admin wrench at the very bottom of all posts, by the star/share/flag icons, but nothing happens when we click it.

Is anyone having similar issues? I dont think we hid it using custom CSS or anything, because I dont see it in the HTML. Already-pinned topics can be un-pinned using the “pinned/unpinned” popup box at the very bottom of a thread, but that box only shows up on pinned posts, not un-pinned posts.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

That’s very odd – are you running any plugins or custom HTML/CSS that could interfere?

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Regardless you can use the wrench button at the bottom of the topic as well.

(Brad Huber) #4

Clicking on the wrench at the bottom doesnt do anything, nor does it return any javascript errors.

I’m checking our custom CSS right now to see if we’re hiding the top one, but the fact that the bottom one doesnt work makes me think we somehow screwed something up…

(Brad Huber) #5

Just as an update, an environment rebuild fixed this (forced by our docker container crashing on Amazon). No clue what happened, but it’s ok now.