What is a wiki post and how can I make one?

(Zsolt Ero) #1

The “READ ME FIRST: Admin Quick Start Guide” refers to “wiki posts” but I found absolutely no reference of such things in the admin or in the wrench icon. Can you tell me what is / was a wiki post and how can I make them.

If this is something which was removed in the past, I guess this is just a bug in the default Quick Start Guide text.

(blaumeer) #2

Click on the wrench below your Topic, or any Topic if you are admin, and it will offer a dialog for turning the topic into a wiki that anyone can edit.

(Zsolt Ero) #3

I do not see any such thing on my new Discourse install (as admin). Can you tell me why is it not visible?

(Marco) #4

At the bottom of any Post, there’s a set of buttons, and an ellipsis. Click on it.

The wrench button appears.

Then a popup menu appears, just click on the Make Wiki.

Sorry all this is in Italian.

(Zsolt Ero) #5

Ahh thanks @vulkanino I see it now! I was looking for it in the topic’s wrench icon. It make more sense for me to make a topic a wiki or non-wiki, but now I understand. (I’d actually recommend moving that feature to topic-level, but at least I understand now what was the guide referring to.)

(Marco) #6

I’m not sure but being at the post level I assume it is to set as wiki the post, not the whole topic.

(Kane York) #7

Yup. While it may be significantly… less useful to wiki posts that are not the first in a topic, it’s still architectured so that being a wiki is an aspect of the post.

This does allow for continuation posts, though, for wiki topics that exceed any character count caps. (currently 32K)

Hello, I’m very interested in wiki posts… But here I can’t change in wiki those that I write… maybe a specific setting of meta.discourse?

There are any other instructions about wiki posts?

There are some typical wikimedia options? For examples footnotes, automatic table of contents…?
Thank you in advance!

(Sam Saffron) #9

If you need a post to be wiki flag the post for mod attention asking them to make it wiki.

(system) #10