What is this and how do I get rid of it?

With the last Discourse update, this box with a funnel icon (highlighted in red below) has appeared on the pop-up when you click a member’s avatar:

Clicking it does nothing. I have no idea what it’s supposed to be, nor why it has appeared. Since it does nothing, I would like to get rid of it, but I don’t know how. Anyone can help?

One of my members tells me there used to be a number there indicating how many posts the member had made in the topic concerned, and when you clicked it you could see all the posts you’d made in the topic (so you could check you weren’t about to repeat yourself, for example). I don’t honestly remember that myself, but is that the case?

Yes, it’s a button to filter the user’s posts when you’re inside a topic – if there are enough messages (> 2).
You are supposed to see something like: image

That you see an empty label is likely due to an incompatibility with a plugin/component installed (I think). Check your browser console if you see some error message (F12).

Also, by “doing nothing”, are you saying nothing literally & visually happens?
I’m asking that, because when I did check on my own Discourse, I’ve just discovered clicking on the button display a blank content and looking at the console, the Dicourse Rating plugin is at fault it seems. (EDIT: I’ve reported the bug)

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. With a number in it, that makes sense. But it doesn’t appear to work.

Yes, literally nothing at all happens.

Are you running any themes/plugins that might be interfering with it? Normally it should not show up like that.

Thanks @eviltrout for taking the time.

Two plugins installed: docker_manager and styleguide.

I’m afraid I don’t know where to look to see what themes we have installed :confused: