We interact with Discourse in different ways. I’m curious to know how common my particular workflow is compared to others.
Here’s what I do when I land on meta.discourse.org:
- Check latest notifications.
- If a post of mine got liked I’ll usually follow the notification link to be reminded what my post said.
- If I’ve been replied to or mentioned there’s a good chance I want to write a reply. If a long reply is required I might just hold off the Unread and New for later.
- Next I’ll attack the Unread column. And this is where I might deviate from the norm.
- I’ll open every unread post (that I’m interested in) in a background window, essentially lining them up for reading. Also a handy way of doing “background processing”.
- I’ll proceed to read every new post, hotkey-closing the tabs as I’m finished with them.
- Lastly I’ll have a look through New to see if anything new has popped up.
- Same background-tabs flow as above.
Note: I’ve set
Consider topics new when: to `created since you were here last``.
What’s your workflow like?