What version do I get when I upgrade?

(William Gross) #1

When I upgrade Discourse using /admin/docker, is it updating me to the latest labeled version (e.g. 0.9.9.3) or to the absolute latest commit on the master branch? If it’s the latter, is there a way to tell it to only update to the last labeled version? I’m a little nervous about pulling in commits that haven’t been officially “blessed” with a version number.

(Johan Jatko) #2

Actually, latest commit is considered best practice if I recall correctly, atleast up to version 1.0. (You generally don’t upgrade for each commit anyways)

Version numbers are bumped once a week or so.

(William Gross) #3

I’ve noticed that my Discourse installation at community.enterpriseweblibrary.org (I have a support contract) upgraded to 1.0 and then 1.1.0.beta2 without any action on my part. Did the team implement auto-upgrading recently or is somebody from the team just taking care of the upgrades for me, by hand? Also, now that Discourse has reached 1.0, do I now have a choice of upgrade channels, i.e. stable releases vs betas?

(Jeff Atwood) #4

I tend to manually upgrade instances that are active (read: that I get a summary digest email for). So that is me manually updating you to latest. :two_men_holding_hands: