Tbh I think the whole page could do with a bit of a refresh - do we need that much space dedicated to the description for example? Maybe for guests, but regular members?
I reckon it would be a good idea to cater to two distinct groups of users; guests and members. The page as it is is probably ok for guests (apart from a few tweaks, and there are some things that need to be considered - such as logged out users), but for regular members the descriptions don’t need to be so obvious (we still need them, but perhaps they can be a click away). Additionally regular members could benefit from other info as detailed in my post above, to draw them back into a thread.
One of your posts in another thread recognises the topic Should views column be removed? and while it could be argued that we should cater for 90% of users, we shouldn’t forget that those 10% are crucial - because they are the content creators, and, if anything, they are more important to the site because if they decide to make some other forum their home, ours would quickly die - there would be nothing there for the remaining 90% to look at.
I know that perhaps, it may be a bit bold offering two distinct views, but I believe it is something that could help elevate DC above the crowd.