When is the digest sent? How to prevent sending until spam is removed?

(Tobias Eigen) #1

My forum is new, and I am getting some instances of spam content not being identified quickly enough so it is being distributed by email in the forum of notifications. This is annoying, obviously. Is there a way to know when digests will be sent, and if it’s possible to prevent sending until spam is removed?

(Mittineague) #2

Innteresting problem.

As SPAM can happen anytime, I don’t think scheduling send time will work.

I can think of two possible ways to approach this.

Only include posts that have aged “enough” - assumes they would have been dealt with during the elapsed time.
Only include posts that have been viewed by a moderator - assumes the mod would have seen and caught it.

(Tobias Eigen) #3

I :heartpulse: both of these ideas! Especially the latter.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Spam posts or spam topics? Can you be more clear and specific?

Also if it is spam posts that’s especially strange since the top algorithm is used. It’d need to have a fair number of likes, replies, views, bookmarks, incoming/outgoing links, etc.

(Lowell Heddings) #5

I am wondering if you mean the notifications or the digest which are two different things.

I have never seen spam show up in the digest, which is a weekly email of the best topics.

I have seen spam sent as an email reply notification on a topic, especially during moderator asleep times where it wasn’t caught quickly. There should probably be an algorithm to make sure that doesn’t happen.

(Tobias Eigen) #6

@codinghorror - this issue is resolved with this feature and so this topic can be closed. Thanks for your attention to this stuff.

(Jeff Atwood) #7