Where can I get the Discourse Focused Sidebar Theme?

Went through the Hamburger menu here on Meta and noticed that new official themes have been added including the “Discourse-focused-sidebar” theme, but unfortunately, a search for the theme itself here on Meta is not bringing anything related to the theme. Is the theme being worked on? And it’s just a one-off thing? Really loved the way it looked, and wouldn’t mind making same available for use on my community.

6 Likes

Perhaps the topic is under development.

8 Likes

Thanks for the reply. :pray:

2 Likes

We’ve been testing it internally and have expanded that testing to here. I’m not sure what our plans are for sharing it but @awesomerobot can probably help.

Speaking of which, it’s broken right now. Avatar flairs are in a weird place Kris.

9 Likes

Oh, thanks for that. Would keep my fingers crossed till all gets into shape.

4 Likes

Work is still ongoing, at the moment it also requires a plugin to get tracked tags added to the serializer… without the plugin it doesn’t work properly with tags, so I’ve disabled it on Meta for the time being.

7 Likes

I had a chance to try it yesterday. I like its design.

2 Likes

The tag issue is solved and it’s enabled on Meta again. If you want to use it on your site you’ll also need to install the Discourse Teams plugin from GitHub - discourse/discourse-teams

9 Likes

Thank you for the response. Would definitely give it a try on my site.