Where do I find saved topics (not created yet)?

(Lenin Raj Rajasekaran) #1

I was creating a post and wanted to create a new category as well. I saw the “saved” message near the bottom. Hence, went to the categories page and created a new category. Now I cannot find the saved post anywhere. Is there a draft page which has all the saved unpublished topics?

(Travis) #2

If you click “Create Post” or “Reply” (anything that pops the text window up again) your post will be there. If you click something that would otherwise alter that saved post, you’ll be asked if you want to abandon it.

(Mittineague) #3

AFAIK there is no “draft” opton

(Lenin Raj Rajasekaran) #4

I clicked “Create Topic” again, but I dont see the saved topic.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #5

There is no drafts page.

As for your thread, you might have to be posting from the right category to recover it. Recovering lost drafts is wonky business.

(Lisa Wess) #6

I am also seeing this. Creating a new post does give me the “saved” test, but if I close the tab then go back to that category and hit “create post” it’s just blank. Am I misunderstanding how this works?

Thank you!

(Sam Saffron) #7

Sorry, do you mind posting the exact steps to repro this issue?

(Jeff Atwood) #8

A draft reply composed within a particular topic will only appear when you enter that particular topic.

(Mittineague) #9

I think the confusion here is @emaillenin used the “Create Topic”, not a reply in an existing Topic.
eg. the draft isn’t getting associated with a reference to how / where. No Topic Id at that point?

(Jeff Atwood) #10

@lisajill said “post” so it is unclear.

• If you create a new draft TOPIC, then the draft will appear when you visit any topic list.

• If you create a new draft REPLY, then the draft will appear when you enter the topic you were replying to.

(Lisa Wess) #11

This is not for a reply, replies work, this is for a new topic.

Choose a category (or uncategorized, I’ve tried both).

Create a topic, start typing until you see “saved”.

Close the browser tab.

Go back to the category and create a topic.

The old draft is very gone and it’s an entirely new topic.

Is that expected, or should the old draft re-load the way the replies do?

(Jeff Atwood) #12

Let’s see

• go to try.discourse.org
  • navigate to /category/pets
  • create a new topic, type title and body until I see “saved”
  • close browser

When I go back to the homepage my draft topic is there waiting for me. Maybe it is different when I go directly to the category?

Yes – when you navigate directly to a category, bypassing all the top level nav, you won’t see your topic draft, no matter which section of a category you visit.

However, the very second you go to the all categories pages or regular topnav, the topic draft pops up immediately. So it seems to be specific to category nav.

@sam do you feel this is a bug?

(Lisa Wess) #13

@codinghorror - your steps specifically do not work on our installations. I’ll start a new thread there so that you can see what I mean. Current version: 0.9.9.13

This does work for me on try.discourse.org :slight_smile: Befuddling.

(Jeff Atwood) #14

@sam I personally feel it is a bug, and severe enough to fix, that you can’t ever get to any topic drafts at the category level.

(Jeff Atwood) #15

@lisajill @sam will work on fixing this problem with topic drafts this week.

(Sam Saffron) #16

There were a bunch of bugs with draft handling on categories and category drill down pages… this is now fixed:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/1958b0205e921fa9f4ac91371106fe7c4f3dc93c

(Sam Saffron) #17