Where is the setting for the type at the top of the page?

(Blu McCormick) #1

I am currently in bootstrap mode and I’d like to actually change the text that tells me I am in bootstrap mode to different content that is viewed by everyone at the site. Is that possible and where might I find the setting to do that? Thanks.

The text that I am referring to below, starts with "To make launching your new site easier . . . "

(Mittineague) #2

Are you sure about “everyone”? It should be only visible to logged in Admins and maybe Staff.

(Blu McCormick) #3

Sorry, what I meant Mittineague is that it currently is visible only to Admins and Staff but I’d like to change the text and change who can see it.

I’d actually like different text than what is posted that can be seen by either Noobs or everyone if Noobs isn’t possible.

(Mittineague) #4

Changing the text should be easy enough, AFAIK all Discourse text can be edited once found in your ACP.

I don’t know if having it display for everyone will be so easy. I don’t think it was foreseen that anyone would ever want it to, so it will be controlled by code not a setting.

(Blu McCormick) #5

Yeah, I imagine it isn’t something everyone would want. Since I am not proficient in code, I’ll have a think about it some more. What is ACP?

(Joe) #6

One option is to replicate the html for the alert but stripout the bootstrap class.

If you add this to the after header:

<div class="row">
    <div class="alert alert-info">
   Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, ei idque laboramus sed. Te alia cibo tollit nam. Nec ei atqui eleifend suavitate, esse clita dicam vix no. Ex iudicabit imperdiet vulputate sit, ei quaeque delenit fabellas est. Sea te brute persius, vis habeo posse veniam at, eos cu aliquam dissentias.

Vis elitr altera no. Cu has diceret nominati. Ei duo ridens epicuri, ius ea oporteat indoctum electram. Solum dicit ridens eum eu, eu has veri conceptam.
    </div>
</div>

You should have a new alert added to the page. The text can then be easily modified and the styles will be inherited from the current theme.

Before:

After:

(Mittineague) #7

Sorry, habit. (Admin Control Panel). But more correct for Discourse would be Admin pages.

(Blu McCormick) #8

That works beautifully. Thanks so much for your help Mittinegue and III.

(Jeff Atwood) #9

The typical way to do this is to pin a topic as a banner. There can only be one banner.

(Blu McCormick) #10

I will talk to my partners and see if I can talk them into just tweaking the pinned banner FAQ/Guidelines with the content they want at the top since the content really applies to newer members who have joined recently.