Windows 10 Mobile: Text editor falls behind virtual keyboard when typing

(ljpp) #1

When using the Edge browser, in mobile view, the text editor falls behind the virtual keyboard.

###1. Initial state

Starting to compose a new post. Everything looks ok here. Note that the cursor is positioned on the 2nd row of the editor.

###2. After hitting the 1st letter

The editor disappears under the virtual keyboard. You can scroll it back to the visible area though.

Windows 10 touch keyboard hides input box
(Jeff Atwood) #2

Possible this is the full screen safari hacks? Not sure. We have some Windows Phone devices to test with but we need to update them @sam @neil

(Neil Lalonde) #3

My Windows phone is on 8.1 and shows the same behaviour as your 1. Initial State. The cursor is below the line, but the text renders where I expect it to show. Very weird… I don’t see what you see after starting to type, so that must be specific to Windows 10.

(ljpp) #4

You know what, the situation has changed a bit.

• When I wrote the error report, I was a bit behind in updates, but now I am on b13. This is not as easily reproduced anymore. I played around with the editor and got it once to the state where the keyboard suddenly covered the editor.
    • The recent updates had UI level changes.
  • Windows Phone 8.1 & Internet Explorer is not relevant in this case, as Microsoft has significantly rewritten the browser and especially the rendering engine in Wndows 10. You can update any WP8.1 device with 1GB RAM to Windows 10.
  • I’ll keep on testing,

We also have a user reporting this behavior on a Windows 8.1 tablet in desktop mode using larger font, 1368x768 resolution. Rotating the screen doesn’t fix the problem.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

On which web browser? Edge and IE11 are going to be a little slow.

(also this has nothing to do with Windows 10 mobile which is the title of the topic…)

Ah, sorry, didn’t see that.

They’re using Firefox, latest version.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #8

This seems related:

(Brian) #9

I’ve managed to post it as a bug Windows 10 touch keyboard hides input box