Windows 10 touch keyboard hides input box

(Brian) #1

This is similar to Windows 10 Mobile: Text editor falls behind virtual keyboard when typing but is windows 10 on a tablet (rather than mobile).

When in touch mode, when attempting to reply to a post or create a new post, the bottom panel gets hidden by the virtual keyboard. This can be seen in both Firefox and Chrome (desktop versions). The behavious is different in Edge which does move the box to above the virtual keyboard (but the page rendering is less good).

They input box is there (honest).

Edit - I have discovered you are not alone. The compose box on Gmail (even using Chrome) has the same issue. This can be got around in Gmail to some extent by expanding the compose window (box).

Windows 10 Mobile: Text editor falls behind virtual keyboard when typing
(Jeff Atwood) #2

I believe you need to dock the keyboard so it is not considered an overlay, via the little button at the upper right. I will check this on my Surface Pro 4 later.

(As you noted with gmail this really is not an issue with us, but an OS issue)

(Brian) #3

I tried that and it made no difference.

(Brian) #4

Futher investigation using Edge reveals what I think is the same behaviour as for the Win Mobile bug in that when you first select the input box, the screen moves (see photo) but as soon as you attempt to type, it goes behind they keyboard. Ah, if I hide the preview it works on Edge.

Strange, now I have added the photo, it all works :confused:

Edit - Even hiding the preview does not help on Firefox.