Wording next to Watching Drop Down is incorrect

(cpradio) #1

When on a topic in a category I am watching and the topic is marked as watching, I see this:

Now I might be confused, but I expected the wording under “Watching” in the drop down to be reflected next to the drop down button, maybe that isn’t the intention and I’m lame for just noticing it…

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Er… what? I am unclear what you are asking here? Can you clarify?

(Dave McClure) #3

The more verbose text in the drop down doesn’t match the less verbose text next to the drop down after its chosen.

I think that’s OK and by design.

(Kane York) #4

Incorrect - @cpradio has not chosen anything in the dialog yet, otherwise the text would be different.

On this topic, I currently see:

If I change it and change it back, then I see (on refresh - the client picks the wrong text):

What @cpradio sees is an indication that it’s due to an action on the category, not the individual topic.

(cpradio) #5

Ah, okay. So I am lame and didn’t pay close enough attention or enough thought the day I saw this. Thanks for the clarification.

This can be closed, as I now understand the logic behind it :smile:

(Dave McClure) #6

Ah, I see. I thought @cpradio was pointing out the difference between the drop down text:

Watching
You will be notified of every new post in this topic. A count of unread and new posts will also appear next to the topic.

Versus what you see when its selected next to the dropdown:

You will receive notifications because you are watching this topic.

(Jeff Atwood) #7