Wordpress + discourse showcase - I need inspiration ;)

I need inspiration for further developing my site.

After I changed from joomla with jomsocial (a php mysql setup) to a pure forum site (like my early start in 2001) I think I mis some non-forum features - features I could get using wordpress.

Therefor I would like to see a showcase of forums using wordpress and discourse.

I found this:

Feel welcome to post your site so I could see what you came up with.

Im okay familiar with wordpress and even made a plugin years ago :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m setting up my Wordpress+Discourse+LifterLMS and am interested in different page layout design ideas. Looking at the monocycle page, how did they get the Forums list on right hand side? Is there a widget for Discourse?

Coincidentally, I am in the same boat as Lea-Ann. I have an established site with LifterLMS-based courses and memberships via WooCommerce Subscriptions (as well as offering more traditional eCommerce too).

I have a closed Facebook group as one of my membership benefit but a reasonable percentage don’t use Facebook (my membership has a large number of older folks). I have been very interested in moving to a forum and away from the Facebook group, but it’s a change I want to assess and manage very carefully.

I have installed Discourse on a Vultr VPS yesterday, as a subdomain. I have installed the SSO plugin too.

A part of this will be making sure that there’s a consistent user experience. So now I am actively researching my Discourse design (currently looking at themes and theme components). Like the other two posters, I have a real desire to see alternative designs to spark some inspiration.

I have two WP + Discourse projects to share :slight_smile:

Cracking the Code

Guitar learning site, and member community, focused on helping players improve their technique. This has been my day job for several years, and after offering downloads + subscription on a third-party platform for a while in the past ~2 years we went all in with our own custom site integrating the lesson material and community forum.

Wordpress:

Discourse:


Antilibraries

Site where I curate and share the most fascinating books I find, and associated forum for talking about reading and libraries, trading book suggestions, and similar. I’ve been working on the general idea as a side project for a while, and just a few months ago launched a small forum to work more on connecting with a community of like-minded book nerds.

Wordpress:

Discourse:

다음은 WordPress 블로그에서 Discourse로 게시물을 공유하는 인기 있는 사이트입니다:

제 사이트는 블로그의 게시물과 댓글에 WordPress/Discourse를 사용하고 있습니다.

와! 당신의 사이트가 정말 놀랍네요! Discourse를 통합하기 위해 어떤 플러그인을 사용하시나요?

나도 이제 공유할게요:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/forum-for-medical-students-a-wordpress-and-discourse-site-praise-and-showcase

안녕하세요, 제 사이트를 링크해 주셨다는 걸 못 알아봤네요 :slight_smile:
https://monocycle.info/ 는 몇 가지 커스텀 설정을 통해 Discourse와 연결되어 있습니다:

  • 우측 사이드바에는 커스텀(그리고 코딩이 다소 엉망인) WordPress 플러그인을 통해 최근에 생성된 주제들이 표시됩니다. 이 목록은 CRON 작업을 통해 정기적으로 업데이트됩니다.
  • 댓글은 WP-Discourse를 확장한 커스텀 플러그인을 통해 WordPress와 Discourse 간에 동기화됩니다. 로그인한 사용자는 Discourse에서든 WordPress 글 페이지에서든 댓글을 작성할 수 있습니다.

@frold 우연히도 저희가 동일한 WordPress 테마를 사용하고 있네요 :smile:

저도 WordPress에 Discourse WP 플러그인을 함께 사용하고 있습니다. 포럼은 여기 있습니다:

Discourse는 정말 구세주였습니다. Disqus 댓글 시스템에 종속되어 있었는데, 이 시스템은 로딩 속도도 매우 느렸거든요.