Xoops newbb import

(charly) #1

Hello

Is there a tool to import Xoops newbb (v3.08) messages and attachements ?
if not, is there a description of the data structure and how to do it?

I have 3 xoops forums to transfer to Discourse, including 1 garnished with very precious contents

Thanks in advance

(Régis Hanol) #2

We’ve never done an importer for Xoops newbb forums.

All our importers are in the import_scripts directory. You can use any of them as inspiration or starting point for creating one for newbb :wink:

Alternatively, if you sign up for one-year of business or enterprise plan hosting, we’ll do it for you.

(Jay Pfaffman) #3

And if you can’t afford to go with the best, then you can probably get me to do it. Post in #marketplace or contact me directly.

(charly) #4

I had not seen the prices of plan hosting and unfortunately this should not be done for people like me :star_struck:

I appreciate the quality of Discourse and the work it represents but for associations or any small businesses it’s a lot for a hosting. and these sites xoops are sites of associations (sport, do-it-yourself and cars)…

I will make my neurons work with the examples…or not

Thanks

(Jay Pfaffman) #5

In case you didn’t notice, you can run Discourse for as little as $10/month following discourse/INSTALL-cloud.md at master · discourse/discourse · GitHub (and there are other hosting services that are even less expensive).

If you know Ruby, (or enough other programming languages that you can figure out Ruby), you can modify an existing importer.