YouTube embeds are broken when using checklist plugin

(Markus) #1

Since the latest update (v1.5.0.beta6 +94, test-passed repo), YouTube embeds seems to be broken.

The preview at the composer frame is working. Any published video embeddings are hidden and unlinked.

Ideas?

(Arpit Jalan) #2

Trying to repro here:

(Arpit Jalan) #3

Works fine here…

@terraboss can you point me to your instance where you can repro this issue?

EDIT: As per PM sent by Markus this seems to be custom JS/plugin issue.

(Markus) #4

Nice catch, but disabling lazyYT shows up this:

The video wasn’t included at all

(Arpit Jalan) #5

That’s because lazyYT plugin added this HTML instead of iframe:

<div class="lazyYT" data-youtube-id="DH34mASfbTo" data-youtube-title="Learn to turn your CAT (CT) or MRI scan into a 3D model." data-width="480" data-height="270" data-parameters="feature=oembed&amp;wmode=opaque"></div>

Rebuild the HTML of the post and the YouTube video will show up fine.

(Markus) #6

lazyYT is disabled now.

How? This way isn’t working…
sudo ./launcher rebuild app

(cpradio) #7

As an Admin/Moderator, go to the post, click the Ellipsis, and choose Rebuild HTML

(Markus) #8

The url appears for a second and than disappears again.

(Jeff Atwood) #9

There is something broken about your install. Can the server see the outside world, e.g. can the server touch DNS and get to google.com and so forth?

Another thing to watch out for is specific YouTube videos that have embedding disabled, but it doesn’t sound like that’s the problem in your case?

(Markus) #10

The server can.

No, I’ve tried a couple of different videos. None of them are visible. Just the link appears for a second.

Vimeo instead is working.

(Markus) #11

No one else has to deal with this issue?

Do you have any other plugins? We had this problem after upgrading and it was being caused by the checklist plugin which we had to disable (but it has now been fixed and republished by @cpradio!).

(Markus) #13

The issue is still there. I’ll try to disable the checklist plugin.

(cpradio) #14

Yeah, your checklist plugin is broken, if you use it, you will want to change it to use

(Markus) #15

Indeed. Thanks @cpradio :santa:

(Jeff Atwood) #16