Youtube link not included in email?

(Jonathan Feist) #1

Not sure if its a bug or feature but posts on my docker 0.9.9.6 version that only include a youtube video has meant that email reply notifications are blank because the youtube video is not embedded/url not shown.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

I have seen this before, but it’s sporadic, I think it has to do with the exact embed URL used. Can you view source on the email if you still have it?

(Jonathan Feist) #3

All the posts were Youtube video URLs in the format http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=code

Hope I hadn’t implied the entire email was blank. But yeah, each reply is blank because each post was just a Youtube URL.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

What does the underlying source of the email contain? The plain text payload?

(Jonathan Feist) #5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39lMf8FNOYE

Posted by *user1* on 06/06/2014

Ah sorry - yeah, the plain text looks right (each youtube url is shown as is), I’m not sure about the embedded youtube, might just be my machine but it’s not working in Chromium or Firefox.

The embeds are are in this format (couple of examples extracted):

<iframe width="480" height="270" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/39lMf8FNOYE?feature=oembed&amp;wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="270" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0JaEY41mFqo?feature=oembed&amp;wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

(Jeff Atwood) #6

OK I know what this is, it’s another case of the protocol agnostic // links causing problems in email. We need to convert those all.

(James Milligan) #7

Came here to report this also. The plaintext is (aside from being an HTTPS link) identical to what @def put above (the link), however the HTML version differs slightly:

<div data-youtube-id="M4TVuScAMPY" data-width="480" data-height="270" data-parameters="start=0"></div>

(Jeff Atwood) #8

Not the same as the protocol agnostic bug, which was fixed. Open elsewhere.

(Jeff Atwood) #9