Google Docs images hotlinking?

Could you please use try.discourse.org for testing?

4 Likes

I don’t see much of an issue with the preview in the composer. Could you elaborate on what is wrong? Thanks!

2 Likes

Google Photos

Since the GIF image size is 13mb, discourse is having issues to Load the Gif, its good to have the topics issues reported. Can view GIF without any problem on Google Photos.

Also another advantage of using Google Photos seem to be,->>>>> i no longer see the annoying flashy overlay which shows file name, screen resolution, file size, etc on images unless mouse pointer is not stopped on any images.

There is no annoying popups(fast scroll the images and during the timeframes of mouse Pointer is hovered on the photos, no overlay will be shown like how it gets shown instantly for discourse uploaded images).

See this topic

https://meta.discourse.org/t/how-to-make-the-image-stretch-to-fit-the-body-of-discourse/321223/.

For most of the images which are not stretched, while uploaded in topic creator, on preview side, it shows will be stretched upon posting but after submitting, it resizes the image.

Generally, I don’t see much issues with discourse and large gifs, unless my network connection is particularly poor and it goes a few frames at a time until it’s loaded (at which point it’s normal speed), but Google images wouldn’t be able to change that AFAIK.

The only overlay on gifs (since you mentioned them) is a pause/play button, if you’d rather not have the gif be animated/distracting while reading.

For other images, I usually find the overlay helpful honestly.

No? If you enlarge the composer on a larger screen, it’d behave the same way there as it would when posted to the topic, it’ll only look “stretched to fit” if the image is too big for the composer space for it, and it happens to fit within that border.

If an image is sized down in a post after being posted, that’s usually because the image is excessively tall/wide, and it gets shrunken down to fit better for all screens. Tapping/Clicking on the image opens it in the lightbox view though, which is the full quality large image.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.