Check plugin or theme validity

This is not a released plugin and not supported. This is just a WIP repo awaiting changes from Apple. It’s still on my list to get back to it when conditions allow.
Had I released it there would be a dedicated Topic on how to use it.

Working third-party plugins usually have their own Topic in the Customization > Plugin Category, describing how to use them. If this is missing I would be very wary.

As per Falco you should start with the vanilla software and only add a plugin when it adds features you simply must have and only if you can tell from its history that it is well supported as every upgrade risks your site not being able to work properly.

So I would not recommend you install a plugin if:

  • it does not have a dedicated Topic in Customization > Plugin stating explicitly that it has been released
  • its Topic has been moved to #plugin:broken-plugin
  • it doesn’t show recent commits (that are likely to reflect updates to maintain compatibility with Discourse or active support to fix bugs)
  • you don’t understand what it does functionally.