Topic list parameter for created after

AI-generated summary

A discussion about a topic list parameter for “created after” began with riking suggesting the need for a filter to work with a specific date, such as /latest.json?order=op_likes&created_after=2023-06-07. JammyDodger pointed out that a similar feature is available as part of the Experimental Topics List Filter Feature, which includes a created-after parameter.

Riking tested the feature on Meta and found it to return high-quality results. However, they noted that it requires login, which is unfortunate but understandable. Sam mentioned that this limitation is temporary and should be lifted once the feature is complete.

JammyDodger later announced that the feature is now available to anonymous users, as per GitHub pull request #24359.

I had an interesting idea for an alternate Discourse user agent, but it would require a topic list filter for created_after.

Specifically I want this to work: /latest.json?order=op_likes&created_after=2023-06-07

Prior art: The bumped_before query parameter exists in the opposite direction, but having it be a number of days feels like a mistake. I think DateTime.parse(...).trunc(1.hour) would give a good balance of caching and precision.

2 Likes

I think we have one now as part of the Topics list filter feature, if that helps?

4 Likes

Oh this looks good, this already returns fairly high quality results on Meta:

https://meta.discourse.org/filter?q=created-after%3A2023-06-07%20order%3Alikes-op

5 Likes

Hmm, the fact that this requires login is unfortunate, but very understandable.

1 Like

That is just temporary, once it is completely done I expect we would open it up.

@tgxworld probably has more context.

1 Like

I believe this is now available to anon: :partying_face:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/24359

4 Likes