Can't change text color of Trendy Login?

AI-generated summary

tobiaseigen reported an issue with the Trendy Login theme component, where the text color was not customizable and appeared too light against the white background. They suggested making the text color and background customizable, as well as having the component’s styling follow the site’s theme entirely. meghna addressed the issue by making the component’s background and text color customizable, and also updated it to follow the site’s theme’s primary and secondary color for better contrast.

Hi Meghna! This is a sweet theme component. Thanks for creating it! I’m using it on my neighborhood forum, and it looks amazing. :heart_eyes:

I’m running into a little bit of trouble with the text color, which I think is taken from the theme and appears not to be customizable in the theme component. In my case it is too light against the white background of the trendy box. Would it be possible for you to make the color of the text and white background also customizable?

Otherwise the component is great as it is, but I have another suggestion. It might be nice to try to have the trendy login styling follow the site theme entirely. That way sites will have a consistent user experience.

4 Likes

Sure, it’s done.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse-trendy-login/commit/50e16393021786b564c47a839ffcdcd6b6fb2f6d

It’s not trivial to follow the site theme entirely in this component but what I’ve done now is that the component will follow the theme’s primary and secondary color. So the background and text color of the box will look similar to the site’s theme and the contrast will be better.

8 Likes