Hi,
I did updated my logo in my discourse forum but I am not able to update the logo it’s same as encrypted Image which I can’t use. Please help!!!
AI-generated summary
Kamlesh_Joshi is having trouble updating their logo in their private Discourse forum. Despite updating the logo, it remains as an encrypted image that cannot be used. Kamlesh_Joshi shared a screenshot of the issue, which Arkshine believes may be a mixed content issue due to the forum running on HTTP instead of HTTPS. Firepup650 suggests this may be causing issues with Discourse. JammyDodger moved the discussion to #installation, as it appears to be setup-specific. Falco questioned whether a development install was used in production mode, which could also be the cause of the issue. Kamlesh_Joshi believes not having HTTPS enabled may have been the problem, and thanks everyone for their help.
Can you provide some more detail? You’re trying to update the logo in the site settings? is this a specific file type that isn’t working for you? why is the image encrypted?
This sounds like a possible mixed content issue with HTTPS. Can you try enabling force https to see if it helps?
it’s not https, currently we are running it on port 80 so it’s http instead of https
Perhaps that’s causing issues with Discourse?
I’ve slipped this over to #installation as it seems it may be specific to your setup @Kamlesh_Joshi. Though if we can get some steps so we can reproduce we can always move it back to Contribute > Bug again. ![]()
can we have meeting or a call to discuss this as I have setup this on remote VM
and also the image src I can share it’s looking like this below:
Did you install a development install and is now trying to use it in production mode?
If you If you want a working instance for production, please follow our official install guide.
I didn’t enabled https so I think that was the issue but I’m not sure
Thanks for helping!
