500 error when replying to calendar topic

AI-generated summary

500 Error When Replying to Calendar Topic

jenmck is experiencing a 500 error when trying to reply to a calendar topic, despite successfully creating the topic and calendar. The error persists across various attempts, including different category setups, date ranges, and plugin settings.

Lilly is unable to reproduce the issue on the latest commit and suggests trying the reply in safe mode. However, jenmck reports the same error in safe mode and shares a console error message.

Lilly suspects that the issue may be related to the plugin requiring the latest core version (3.2), which jenmck plans to upgrade to on Wednesday. It is recommended to try the reply again after the upgrade.

I have been able to create a calendar topic, and the calendar shows up properly.

But, when I try to reply to the topic, I get a 500 error each time.

I have tried:

  • initially wanted this in a subcategory, but got a 500 error when posting a reply
  • creating a category with no subcategories, same error
  • deleting the category and starting over with default settings in the category creation panel, same error
  • using just one date and not a range, same error
  • setting the start date time and end date time in the calendar plugin settings, same error
  • not using a title above the date
  • adding a space between the title and the date
  • using only [calendar] [/calendar] in the topic with each on a separate line, same error
  • doing the same but putting a space between [calendar] and [/calendar], same error
  • enabling a category calendar on the category, same error

I don’t know what else to try!

I have looked in Creating and managing calendars, Category Calendar with defaultView="listNextYear" not showing events, Discourse Calendar - How to?

I can’t reproduce this on a latest commit

Can you try it in safe mode with these boxes checked:

Also, do you see any errors in the dev tools console when the post fails?

Is the plugin up to date? I believe there have been some recent commits to it.

Unfortunately same error when running in safe mode with those settings.

I’m getting this error in the console:

Calendar plugin version:
image

But, I’m wondering if I need to upgrade to 3.2 - we had to delay our upgrade, but it’ll happen this Wednesday so I could try after that and see if it works?

Yea let’s try that - I suspect the latest plugin update needs the latest core version. There have been quite a few changes in core since 3.1.