Topics vs Posts vs Replies

This whole chain of posts is a topic. Every each message is a post. I surely make a reply, that is a post, to you, but if I would use reply button it would be connect as an answer to one of posts.

Same thing in Facebook where everything under original post are a topic. When someone is posting direcrtly under original one, like staying at root-level, it is just another post. If one answer to someone and create new thread (what Discourse doesn’t have because thread is basically only a filter showing just part of a topic) that is an answer, and a post too.

So a post is a reply, technically, if someone uses reply-button. This, and if I would mention you, is of course semantically answers, but not technically :smirking_face:

Sure. Coders and devs want everything beeing in logical order and behind exact definition. But at same time they have horrible and and even weak imaginary — or as a code wizard I know is formulating same: they are slaves of end users and incompetens bosses :winking_face_with_tongue: