Hello guys
I am still in the process of learning how to customize discourse.
I would like to hide from the user profile:
- About me
- Location
- Web site
any input about how to do this? perhaps with a plugin?
thanks
The discussion revolves around hiding fields in user profiles on Discourse. jmamazo wants to hide āAbout meā, āLocationā, and āWeb siteā from user profiles. Vernam suggests two CSS methods: one to hide the fields in the profile and another to remove user settings. However, these methods only hide content and donāt completely remove it. riking agrees that if users have to go out of their way to see the hidden content, itās sufficient. PeteB thanks Vernam for the solution, which also solves a problem they faced.
Hello guys
I am still in the process of learning how to customize discourse.
I would like to hide from the user profile:
any input about how to do this? perhaps with a plugin?
thanks
I tried with css but couldnāt remove the Location..
.primary-textual h3 i, .primary-textual a, .primary-textual .bio {
display: none;
}
āiā remove the icon, āaā the website and ābioā the about me, you can add '.primary-textual h3ābut it will also remove the rank.
Another way would be to remove the user settings
.pref-bio, .pref-location, .pref-website {
display: none;
}
Both are only hidding content, and any user (who know how to) could with the developper tools see the data, but itās lighter than a whole pluggin only to hide three field
Thatās all that really matters, though - if people have to go that far out of their way to see it, it might as well not be there.
Thank you @Vernam solved a problem we were facing as well.