Collective Answers

AI-generated summary

Collective Answers

Bolarinwa_Balogun is setting up a school discussion board and wants to enable students to collaborate on solutions to questions. They envision a section where students can work together on answers.

schungx suggests creating a blank answer post, converting it to a wiki, and allowing students to edit it. Comments can also be posted, and the solved plugin can be used to mark the wiki as the solution when complete.

Bolarinwa_Balogun asks if this process can be automated, but schungx believes a specialized plugin is likely needed. However, pfaffman suggests that configuring a category to automatically make the first post a wiki may be possible.

schungx notes that the second post, rather than the first, should be the wiki. pfaffman disagrees, arguing that the first post could contain both the question and answer.

tobiaseigen mentions a discussion about making the second post a wiki and provides a link to the relevant topic: Automatic Second Post Wiki.

Ultimately, Bolarinwa_Balogun decides to use the plugin approach.

Hi
I am new to discourse and setting it up to be used as a school discussion board. I would like that once a question is asked, there is a section where students can collaborate on solutions.
Something like in the picture below

.

I would like any suggestions on how to approach this.

Thank you

Question.

Then a blank answer post, change to Wiki.

Students can edit the Wiki to modify the answer.

They can also post comments.

When solved, use the solved plugin to mark the Wiki as the solution to the question.

Do you think this could be automated?

Probably not without a specialized plugin

I believe that you can configure a category to automatically make the first post a wiki.

Probably needs the SECOND post to be a Wiki…

I don’t think it’s be that bad if the first post contained the question and the answer.

There’s been discussion about making second post a wiki. Not a bad idea.

Thanks everyone. I think I will go with the plugin approach