Failed to render table in post discussion summary:
realcasey tried to render a table in a post using HTML and CSS, but it failed to style. fefrei explained that Discourse only allows a limited subset of HTML in posts and suggested using themes to apply custom CSS as an administrator.
fefrei later advised realcasey to add the custom CSS code to the CSS section, not the “Embedded CSS” section, and to target a single topic by its ID for specificity.
Mittineague also suggested using Markdown to create tables, which realcasey found to be a convenient alternative. Ultimately, realcasey successfully applied the custom CSS with fefrei’s help.
I am the admin of that site. If it does not interrupt you too much, could you tell me where to apply the custom CSS, “CSS” or “Embedded CSS”? I tried adding the following script to “Embedded CSS” just now, but it seems not to work.
It is more convenient to create table with Markdown than HTML. Actually, I’d like to add some custom style to the plain table, so the CSS may be a better choice.