Customizing the "Embedding" Behavior by Disabling Show Full Post?

AI-generated summary

Disabling “Show Full Post” in Embedding Functionality

kirupa is seeking a way to customize the embedding behavior by disabling the “Show Full Post” feature. When using the embedding functionality to display Discourse topics as comments on a static page, the full content of the original article is displayed when “Show Full Post” is clicked. kirupa would prefer to have a simple link to the original article instead.

After multiple attempts to find a solution, Lilly provided a simple CSS solution to hide the “Show Full Post” button:

button.btn.expand-post {
    display: none;
}

This solution can be applied to the common CSS to disable the “Show Full Post” feature.

Hi everyone,
I use the Embedding functionality to have discourse topics appear as comments on a static, non-discourse page. The problem is this. When I post a new article, the corresponding topic on discourse gets created as well. This corresponding topic is a full scrape of the original article. Here is an example: Answers + Discussion: Dynamically Create and Populate List Items - programming - kirupaForum (If you click on Show Full Post, the full contents of the article get displayed.)

Is there a way to disable Show Full Post? I’d rather just have a simple link to the original article instead.

Thanks,
Kirupa

(Just wanted to bump this up in case anybody had any ideas!)

I’m running into weird formatting issues with the embed feature, so I’d like to bump this up on more time and see if there is a way to disable showing the full post. Is there an easy way to do that? Thanks!

I was wondering if you came across any solutions?

i know this is old and auto-bumped, but just in case some one is looking for a simple solution:

common css:

button.btn.expand-post {
    display: none;
}