AI Summary date is wrong

AI-generated summary

AI Summary date is wrong

Users are experiencing an issue with AI summaries displaying the wrong date. twofoursixeight reported that an outdated summary had today’s date, despite not having the power to summarize topics. JammyDodger suggested that the summary might have been initiated by someone else earlier.

The issue is not isolated, as JammyDodger found that all AI summaries are getting today’s date when viewing pre-generated ones, even as an anonymous user. Falco confirmed that this is a bug and Falco later reported that the issue has been fixed in https://github.com/discourse/discourse-ai/pull/733. The bug might be related to post deletions and topic splitting, as suggested by sam and Moin.


When opening up the summary for Using the Discourse sidebar (maybe any topic with AI), it stated that I summarized it today. TL2 does not have the power to summarize topics, and the topic summary is outdated, therefore making the date incorrect.

2 Likes

I think you may be reading a summary that someone else initiated earlier.

Ah, I think I see what you mean. I’ve just checked a few topics as anon that I know had an AI summary and they all have today’s date on.

4 Likes

But how is it possible it was summarized on oct 21 and at the same time the summary is outdated because there are three posts missing?

3 Likes

Deletions and a topic was split out of there

I guess the request here is to invalidate summary on deletion and splitting

1 Like

But that did not happen today, did it? The summary says it was created today.

3 Likes

Nope, but maybe this is the cause of the bug, there are deleted posts at the end

2 Likes

It seems like all AI summaries are getting today’s date on them if you’re looking at pre-generated ones. eg. looking at the ones from these topics in an incognito tab as anon:

3 Likes

Yep, that is a bug that’s been bothering me for a while now. We will take a look at it in due time.

6 Likes

Fixed in

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.