Can Discourse ship frequent Docker images that do not need to be bootstrapped?

When you try ./discourse-setup and have port 80 and 443 the installer script links you to a tutorial on this forum that doesn’t apply to servers that are already running something on port 80/443. This is what the discourse-setup script links you to but it doesn’t actually fix the problem because I don’t want to tear down my web services on 443/80 just to run the installer.

It assumes that the Discourse files are already setup somehow. So if this documentation is either incomplete or ineffective for scenarios like mine, which by the sounds of it have been consistent problems. It seems that rather than waiting on or relying on proper or complete or more clear documentation it would be ideal to use standards where your suggested philosophical agnosticism doesn’t have to apply.

The underlying issue that I keep seeing reoccur is the fact that many of these setup hurdles would be bypassed with switching to something where you wouldn’t have to document it.

You’ve even made suggestions that it might be in the cards to make a switch I was just trying to make compelling responses to all of the reasons that were proposed as to why docker-compose was unsuitable.