Create event... nothing happens?

AI-generated summary

User Al_Whitworth is experiencing an issue with the Create Event plugin, where clicking “Create” doesn’t generate markdown in the editor. JammyDodger suggests it might be a Firefox issue, referencing a similar problem discussed on Meta Discourse (Event modal doesn’t add code to composer in Firefox). Al_Whitworth confirms it’s a Firefox issue, as it works fine on Chrome. mraerino reproduces the issue on Windows and macOS but resolves it by updating the plugin to the latest commit.

Hi folks. New to Discourse and playing with plugins before building a new community site in a few weeks…

I’ve added and configured the plugin but when I create event in the post editor, enter details for event and then click “Create”, nothing happens - i.e. no markdown appears in the editor. If I post / save, there’s no sign of an event there. Not sure what I’m missing here?

Hello and welcome @Al_Whitworth :slight_smile:

By any chance, are you using Firefox? I was helping debug a similar issue with that recently:

I’m not sure if @Benjamin_D has landed on the exact quirk just yet, but maybe a second report will help narrow it down? :crossed_fingers:

Not yet ! Unfortunatly… but I’m still looking. I’ve tried the start fresh feature of firefox but no luck…

Many thanks, yes it does seem to be a Firefox issue, fine on Chrome. I’ll dig a bit deeper and see if I can see why it’s doing it.

i ws able to reproduce this on windows and macos, but after updating the plugin to the latest commit just now seemed to have fixed it for me