A forum user (@nahtnam) suggested implementing custom pages in Discourse, a forum software. They linked to a GitHub branch that adds this feature. Other users expressed interest in this feature, both as part of the core software and as a plugin. A user (@Qasem_h) created a pull request to add custom pages and said they would create a plugin if it was not accepted. Users thanked them for their work and asked for updates on the progress.
There are some forum softwares that allow people to create custom pages using BBCode (in this case it would be markdown). Here is how I would see it:
At the bottom of the Content tab in the admin panel would be a button that said “new”. When you click it, you can enter a title, slug (url), and content. Pretty simple I guess.
Same. I would love it if there was a plugin that did something similar to
how the TOS and FAQ work where there is a post that we can edit which
updates the page.