`DataExplorer::ValidationError: Missing parameter` when running Data Explorer queries with [params] via API

The one from How to run Data Explorer queries with the Discourse API complete with -X POST and all the required headers.

This is not a syntax issue, if you check the last line from the OP you’ll see that curl returns a success, it’s just that the result is incorrect.

Jay, I don’t understand the meaning of this sentence. Did you by any chance try and repro the issue using the minimal examples provided in the OP?

@michaeld, @pfaffman
I’m hesitating to write this part, mainly because I admire and respect your dedication and expertise in providing free support to the community, I know I benefited from your insights on numerous occasions before. But this time I have a feeling that neither of you read past the first few lines of the report (I’m very careful to research and test thoroughly before I post in the support category, and I always try to include detailed repro steps).

The thing is, in my experience, when support request receives a response like this—assuming a user error without trying to actually repro the issue using the provided steps (especially from such experienced members as yourselves)—the real issue is less likely to be picked up by the Discourse team.

On the other hand, if your response would either validate or invalidate the actual repro steps, this would lend weight to the claim (or point to some other cause) which will more likely attract attention from the team and lead to the eventual fix.

I know that probably 99% of cases are just users failing to read the instructions (I should know, I’ve been there before). But knowing this, we probably shouldn’t make the same mistake trying to answer support issues quickly, rather than thoroughly?