Default editor to the advanced editor and don't allow the compact one

Hello!

We created a plugin redefining the post-event-builder plugin outlet: every event created on our instance needs their custom fields filled, and our form completes the proposed values with data from an external source.

We only use ESR versions of Discourse, so everything was fine on 2026.1.x, and I’m now in the process of upgrading to 2026.7.x, so I’m discovering the new form and the advanced one now.

As our users must fill all the custom fields, we’d like to use the “advanced” form instead of the compact one, with no option to switch forms.

I initially thought about one site setting to use the advanced form by default (and disabling the possibility to switch to the compact one, as everything is in the advanced form anyway), or two settings (use the advanced form by default, prevent switching forms). A plugin outlet to replace the compact form could be good too, as long as it includes the switch to advanced form so we can get rid of it.

The new behavior is really blocking us in the upgrade process, and we can’t stay on the old, unmaintained 2026.1.x.

What would be the best approach? How can I help?