How can i change my user into admin user ?
AI-generated summary
Rahul_Kumawat wants to change his user to an admin user, but doesn’t know who the admin is or how to obtain API keys for his account to use the Discourse developer API. ondrej explained that only admins can make other users admins and provided a link to the relevant documentation. JammyDodger and NateDhaliwal clarified that it’s not possible to make oneself admin on a forum they simply joined, and suggested checking the /about page to find the admins. Rahul_Kumawat explained that he wants to use the Discourse API but needs the API keys, which he can’t obtain without admin access.
welcome @Rahul_Kumawat
Only admins can make other users admin. So if you aren’t an admin now you’ll have to ask one on your site.
Have a read of the documentation below ![]()
I don’t know who is admin. I have simply create my discourse account using email id. I want api keys of my account to use developer api of discourse.
Hello and welcome @Rahul_Kumawat ![]()
This doesn’t make a lot of sense? I’m afraid it’s not possible to make yourself admin of any forum you simply join up to as a member.
What are you trying to do?
Did you start the forum? As in, were you the first member to set everything up?
You can check the admins under the /about page.
Hello @JammyDodger ,
Thanks for the reply.
I want to use this doc Discourse Docs but it requires api keys of my account and i don’t know how to get these so that i can use endpoint provided in developer docs.
Did you create the forum?