Discourse AI Post Classifier - Automation rule

So to add tags or to change categories, there are currently the following options (correct me if I am wrong)

• the user uses the AI helper to suggest tags and category from within the composer based on nearest neighbor embedding vectors, comparing it with previous posts.
  • the administrator sets up a separate AI post classifier that runs the topic through an LLM for every possible tag and every possible category, which adds the tag or changes the category when the LLM output says so. It will not add arbitrary tags, each classifier will only add a specific tag yes or no. This is not only cumbersome to set up and maintain, it is also expensive because you need to run them all.

What I would like to have is a classifier that takes an instruction like

You are a tagging assistant for a forum. The forum is about X, Y and Z.

Your task is to tag forum posts with one or more of the following tags:

• one tag that specifies whether the post is selling for something or looking for something. Tags: for_sale, wanted, advice
  • one tag that specifies the kind of item the post is about: cars, services, tickets, kids_stuff, home_and_garden, other.

If you come across a message that is NSFW, tag it NSFW.

You can also set actions in order to moderate a post.
If you come across a message that is on topic for this forum but might be seen as offensive, set the action to ‘flag’.
If you come across a message that is off topic, set the action to ‘hide’

This can then be accompanied by the great new OpenAI structured outputs option to return a json structure that specifies the tags to be added or the action to be taken, which will then be processed by the classifier.

Is anything like this on the roadmap and/or is a PR welcome? Or would this be plugin territory?

4 Likes